Almost everyone has suffered from shoulder pain at some point in life. If you lift weights or play sports, you are at an even greater risk of shoulder pain. If you have shoulder discomfort, it can be difficult keeping up with everyday activities. However, if you seek chiropractic treatment, your shoulder pain won’t trouble you for long. Is shoulder pain troubling you in Newark, DE? Relief is around the corner. All you need to do is book an appointment with Pike Creek Chiropractic Center for pain management.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Wondering why your shoulder is in pain? There are several possible causes. Some include:
- Frozen shoulder: This is a painful condition that occurs if your shoulder has been in a sling or a still condition for a long time.
- Torn rotator cuff: A rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons in the shoulder. These muscles allow your shoulders to rotate in all directions. If the rotator cuff is torn, you may experience pain and stiffness.
- Bursitis: This is the inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs (bursae) in the rotator cuff. When these sacs are inflamed, they swell and could irritate the nearby tendons and ligaments, causing stiffness.
- Sprains and strains: Falls, slips, car accidents, and sports injuries may cause damage to your shoulder’s tendons and ligaments, resulting in pain and immobility.
- Osteoarthritis: If you are age 50 or older and experiencing shoulder pain and stiffness without any apparent injury, the cause could be osteoarthritis. This inflammatory condition causes the wear and tear of the cartilage that cushions bones in the joints. As a result, bones rub against each other, causing pain and stiffness.
If you have shoulder pain, don’t delay treatment. Instead, book an appointment with a chiropractor in Newark, DE, to experience this natural treatment for shoulder pain.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain treatment varies depending on the cause. Shoulder manipulation realigns shoulder joints, especially after an injury. It also helps with arthritic shoulder pain. Spinal manipulation effectively addresses shoulder pain for pain radiating from the spine. For instance, an impinged nerve in the spine may send pain signals to the shoulders.
Other treatments for shoulder pain include:
- Massage therapy to alleviate pain and inflammation for soft tissue injuries.
- Stretching exercises to restore range of motion and reduce pain.
- Lifestyle counseling recommends lifestyle changes to reduce the risk of shoulder pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Newark
Are you frustrated by a shoulder pain that isn’t yielding to traditional treatment? If you are in Newark, DE, please book an appointment with Pike Creek Chiropractic Center for pain management. We have the experience and technology to help you achieve your health care goals. Call us today at (302) 737-9601 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.